Saturday, February 11, 2012

Amazing Grace

I can't believe that so much time has passed since my last post and that so much has happened in my life since the last post.

On January 11, 2012 my dear brother in law, Stan, went home to be with the Lord, after a 6 week battle with cancer.  He got sick around Thanksgiving and was in the hospital until he passed away.  He endured a major stroke and many surgeries during that time and I spent a lot of that time at the hospital with my sister.  It seemed like he always got worse in the middle of the night and that is when we were called to the hospital most often.  He always liked us to come in the middle of snow storms also. 

What brings me to the title of this post was that at my brother in law's funeral Amazing Grace was played on bag pipes.   I had started this piece a long time ago and sat it aside (like I seem to do with many projects).  But since the funeral it has been on my mind and I decided to pull it out and start working on it again.   I am making progress on it but it has been slow progress.    We are under a winter storm advisory today so I plan on doing more stitching as I am not going out in the snow only less its absolutely necessary!  So here are some pictures of my progress so far!!  

 This is where I had left off at and had sat it aside and then some progress pictures.  Sorry for some of these being sideways.  I don't know why that happens!    These pictures show approximately 3 weeks of work.   I would get lots more accomplished if the frogs would stay away and if my cats didn't think that they need to help me stitch!!
 
Progress #1
Progress #2

Progress #3

Progress #5 as of 2/10/12

Progress #4

 And on a happy note I am ending with a picture of my great niece, Evelyn "Evie".   She is my brother-in-law's granddaughter and was the proud and joy in his life!!



Until next time I hope you have all enjoyed this brief update!!



16 comments:

  1. You are making good progress on Amazing Grace. It will make a great memorial for your brother-in-law. Evie is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you can finish Amazing Grace now that you have restarted it. It looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful progress Janet! Makes me want to dig mine out! (disregard MrPacManFan, that's my son. Didn't realize he was signed in)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing Grace is simply amazing Janet, so sorry to hear about the loss of your brother-in-law, Stan and my thoughts are with you all. Looking forward to seeing Amazing Grace progress. Also Evie is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry about your loss - I agree this piece will be a nice remembrance of him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet, what a lovely post and what a lovely cross stitch design. It will mean so much more to you now, too. Keep putting stitches in it when you feel up to it and it will be finished in no time. Wanda in Edmonton

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks wonderful and I am sure it brings back many memories of your brother-in-law while stitching. Be sure to publish a finished photo when its done.

    Hugs Fran in Belleville, ON

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks very nice and you are making great progress on it.

    Marl

    ReplyDelete
  10. sorry about your loss. Amazing grace is coming along nicley.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry for your loss. Good progress

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry for your loss. Your piece is a beautiful remembrance of your BIL. You've made some nice progress.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear about your brother. The song 'Amazing Grace" has always comforted me. Your progress on it is great, cats or no cats trying to get in the way. I understand thst all too well. Our cat insists on laying on me while I am stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry for your loss. But how fitting that you're stitching Amazing Grace! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. soooooooooo glad to hear your stitching again and blogging also
    (((((((((((((((((((((((BIG HUGS )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete