Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year 2011

Wow so hard to believe it is 2011 already. The year started out great but is going downhill in a quick hurry.  I have caught a cold and now its moving to my chest.  I think I either have the start of bronchitis or pneumonia.  All I do is cough, cough and cough.  It sure makes it a little hard to stitch when you are coughing.



For 2011 I have 3 major projects that must be completed by May.  I have a wedding sampler to be completed by March.

I was able to accomplish a lot on this yesterday.  I went to a Browns/Steeler football party.  Since I am not a football person I took this with me and stitched.  Since all I have to do is fill in the border this was the perfect thing to take with me cause I was able to stitch and talk to everyone at the same time.





Here is the first square out of 24 squares to be completed on a baby blanket.  This blanket will be for great niece / nephew that is due in April.   I have another great niece / nephew due in May so I will be doing two of these blankets.  It is a lot of stitching so I really need to get busy on these.  They are being stitched on Anna Cloth Afghan 18 count.  I am stitching them over 2.

Here is square #2.  This giraffe gave me a really hard time.  I had the hardest time with his legs.  He almost became a legless giraffe.

















Here is square 3 and 4.  There are a total of 24 squares.  These patterns are from the EMS site and they are baby animals and baby zoo animals. 

5 comments:

  1. The stitched animals are so adorable! It's going be cute and well received. I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous projects. These animals are so very cute. Hope you're better soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice job Janet! I hope you recover soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh be careful with that bronchitis its nothing to play with. I had it so bad one time I had a hard time breathing. Love your work. Especially the afghan

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the purple border on the marriage sampler & all the cute animals for your blanket. Keep up the wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete