Friday, November 27, 2009

Winter is Here in PA!



Happy Day after Thanksgiving everyone!!!  Are you all tired from Black Friday shopping?  Are you still stuffed from all the turkey you ate yesterday?  I am excited because I got a finish yesterday on my snowman and since it is snowing today in western Pennsylvania he seems appropriate.  He is a really cute snowman especially in person.  The backstitching really made him stand out.  This is a quilt square that is going to Quilts for Older Children and Adults and it is one of 12 squares that will be put together in a quilt and then raffled off.

The present boxes are another finish that I had this week.  Two finishes in one week - that is a lot for me - I am so proud of myself - lol.  These boxes are made out of plastic canvas and they will be going to a nursing home for the patients for Christmas.  My sister and I made these for the church where my daughter Rachel plays the piano and the church will be giving them to the nursing home filled with goodies.

On another note it has now been one year since I started my blog.  I started it last Thanksgiving so this is my anniversary of my blog.  Although my blog is not as fancy as a lot of others I have seen I still enjoy showing off my work.  My goal for the next year is to find out how to add some bling to it and make it better. 

My next things I will be stitching on in the next few weeks are a quilt square for Donna at Stitching for a Cure.  It is on 28 count and the holes are very small so I can only work on it for a little at a time because it bothers my eyes.  The square I am working on is the center square which has a poem about cancer.   I will also be working on three alphabet squares for Quilts for Older Children and I have a baby bib to make for my great nephew for Christmas.

I want to thank all of you who view my blog and are my followers.  I am looking forward to blogging more with you in the next year!!!

11 comments:

  1. I love that snowman. And those little boxes are so sweet. Don't you love using your talents to help others? Janet, you are such a blessing to so many. I hope and pray you know that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogaversary! Love the snowman and all those gifts are beautiful. Your giving spirit is an example to us all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the snowman, he is so sweet. The gift boxes are such a good idea and I know the people who receive them will really appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the snowman what designer is it thanks Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those boxes are just great, you are getting so much done. Good luck with the quilt square over one, sounds like a task.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your snowman is very cute! We had snow on the ground in MI yesterday too, but it's all gone now. Your presents will be a big hit at the nursing home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your snowman is very cute. The boxes are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your snowman and the boxes are very cute. And so many of them! Congrats on the finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Snowman is so cute! The boxes are really nice to and it is so nice that they're going to a Nursing Home. There are a lot of people that have no one to visit them during the holidays let alone during the rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your sqaures came out looking so nice and I love your snowmen. Those boxes are such a cute idea. The things they come up with these days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your snowman is adorable. I love the pc boxes! I am sure they will be loved by their recipients. Happy blog-versary!!

    ReplyDelete